Name and location of repository
Level of description
United Charities, Community Chest, 1943-1955.
Name of creator
Scope and content
The focus of this sub-series is the allocation of funds to Barnes and affiliated hospitals by the local united giving fund. Records include carefully documented requests for funding and equally careful accounting of expenditures. The united giving fund was called United Charities until mid-1946, at which time the name changed to Community Chest. The period covered is from the early 1940s to 1955.
System of arrangement
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Item description, Reference Code, Bernard Becker Medical Library Archives, Washington University in St. Louis.