Print preview Close

Showing 7 results

Archival description
Jewish Hospital of St. Louis Collection
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis Records

  • RG025
  • Collection
  • 1878-2006

This collection includes items related to The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis. From early community attempts to raise funds for a Jewish hospital; to the hospital’s construction at sites on Delmar Boulevard (completed in 1902), and later, on Kingshighway Boulevard (completed in 1926); and continuing up to and beyond its merger with Barnes Hospital in 1996, the history of Jewish Hospital is documented in a variety of material formats. The collection includes hospital statistics; correspondence; scrapbooks; newspaper and magazine clippings; VHS and cassette tapes; photographs; artifacts; hospital publications; administrative records; and staff biographical files. Also included are the files of multiple subsidiary and associated hospital organizations.  Of note is a set of key organizational documents for Jewish Hospital covering the years 1878-1977 ( series 11, sub-series 1); three large scrapbooks documenting hospital events and occurrences of the years 1927-1958 (series 5); and the collection of hospital publications ( series 9, sub-series 3), which includes serial magazines and annual reports of the hospital. Also of interest are the partial contents of the Delmar Boulevard hospital building’s 1901 cornerstone _(series 2, sub-series 1)and a collection of files documenting the 1962 hepatitis outbreak at Jewish Hospital (series 2, sub-series 2)._

Jewish Hospital of St. Louis