This collection consists of 12 photographs and 1 diploma related to Barnes Medical College. The photographs primarily depict Gross Anatomy students and their dissected cadavers. Other depicted subjects include exterior views of Barnes Medical College, interior views of the Barnes Dental College Infirmary, group portraits of Barnes Medical College students, and a Doctor of Medicine diploma from Barnes Medical College awarded to Charles DeWitt Hibbetts.
This collection consists of 21 photographs, certificates, and artifacts from Robert C. Milburn, a graduate of Barnes Medical College in 1899. Photographs include group portraits with Milburn, including a composite portrait of Barnes Medical College class of 1899 and a tintype with Milburn and his partner Dr. J.A. Rea. Artifacts include clippings, a business card, a paperweight, a urinometer, and a surgical instrument kit.
This collection consists of 10 photographs, 1 course card, and 1 architectural drawing from Saint Louis Medical College and Missouri Dental College. The photographs are bound in a booklet; there are three copies of the booklet in this collection.
This collection includes items related to The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis. From early community attempts to raise funds for a Jewish hospital; to the hospital’s construction at sites on Delmar Boulevard (completed in 1902), and later, on Kingshighway Boulevard (completed in 1926); and continuing up to and beyond its merger with Barnes Hospital in 1996, the history of Jewish Hospital is documented in a variety of material formats. The collection includes hospital statistics; correspondence; scrapbooks; newspaper and magazine clippings; VHS and cassette tapes; photographs; artifacts; hospital publications; administrative records; and staff biographical files. Also included are the files of multiple subsidiary and associated hospital organizations. Of note is a set of key organizational documents for Jewish Hospital covering the years 1878-1977 ( series 11, sub-series 1); three large scrapbooks documenting hospital events and occurrences of the years 1927-1958 (series 5); and the collection of hospital publications ( series 9, sub-series 3), which includes serial magazines and annual reports of the hospital. Also of interest are the partial contents of the Delmar Boulevard hospital building’s 1901 cornerstone _(series 2, sub-series 1)and a collection of files documenting the 1962 hepatitis outbreak at Jewish Hospital (series 2, sub-series 2)._
This collection consists of 13 photographs, slides, and a certificate primarily depicting portraits of Jewish Hospital physicians. Depicted subjects also include a postcard with an exterior view of Jewish Hospital, and photographs depicting Sidney Jick, J.G. Probstein, and Ben H. Senturia. The certificate is an In Memorium honorific for Hanau W. Loeb.
This collection includes items related to Barnes Hospital. From the bequest which funded the creation of the hospital; to the hospital’s opening at the end of 1914; and continuing up to and beyond its merger with Jewish Hospital in 1996, the history of Barnes Hospital is documented in a variety of material formats. The collection includes administrative records; staff correspondence; hospital publications; newspaper and magazine clippings; scrapbooks; photographs; VHS tapes; and artifacts. Of note is the collection of hospital publications ( series 4), which includes serial magazines and annual reports of the hospital, as well as ephemera such as brochures and flyers. Also noteworthy is the hospital superintendent’s correspondence collection ( _series 3)_covering the years 1913-1926; the hospital’s book of forms from the year of its opening ( series 1); a scrapbook containing correspondence of Robert A. Barnes and the original trustees of Barnes Hospital ( _series 8);_and the Hospital's Staff Register covering October 13, 1915 to January 13, 1958 ( series 5).
This collection consists of 724 photographs, drawings, diagrams, posters, newspaper clippings, and sheet music, and other ephemera related to the 21st General Hospital. The photographs primarily depict staff and patients of the 21st General Hospital from when it was stationed overseas 1942-1945, as well as views of hospital buildings and grounds. Drawings and diagrams include plans for wiring and plumbing, architectural and ground plans, and some schematic drawings of hospital equipment. Other ephemera in the collection include hand-drawn posters advertising Officers' Club dances, newspaper clippings from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Pictures Section depicting operations at General Hospital 21, and cartoon watercolors depicting soldiers and Red Cross workers.
This collection consists of 3 photographs and 1 certificate from the Nu Sigma Nu fraternity. The photographs are all group portraits from 1930-1932, and the certificate is the original Washington Unviersity St. Louis chapter charter from 1900.
This collection consists of 30 composite portraits of Barnes Hospital staff, 1963-1987. Portraits include Private Medical Service House Staff, Ward Medical Service House Staff, Interns, Residents, and General Surgery Staff.
This collection consists of 24 photographs primarily depicting scenes from the dedication of the Barnes Hospital West Pavilion on December 12, 1979. The collection also includes an architectural rendering of the pavilion prior to its construction.
This collection consists of 25 photographs, advertisements, and certificates related to hearing devices and to the life of Max A. Goldstein. The photographs primarily depict historic hearing devices in the collection of Max A. Goldstein. See VC703 for the physical devices. Certificates in this collection include a memorial resolution and a birthday certificate from Jewish Hospital of St. Louis, a St. Louis Award certificate, and a Testimonial of Appreciation from The International Congress on the Education of the Deaf. All advertisements in the collection are for hearing devices, primarily those manufactured by F.C. Rein & Son.
This collection includes 4 series. Much of the documention included in each of the series details how to operate various medical equipment. Note that Series 1: Correspondence; Series 2, Micromanipulator; and Series 3: Knife Sharpener and Stropper are available on microfilm only. Series 4, the scrapbook is available in both microfilm and hardcopy format.
This collection consists of 15 photographs of Robert J. Glaser, 1920?-1965 and 23 drawings by Aphrodite J. Hofsommer, 1929-1939?. Photographs include group portraits of the Harvard University Lancet Club, views from a Boston City Hospital Centennial and Thorndike Memorial Laboratory 40th anniversary event, views of the Streptococcal Clinic at Washington University School of Medicine, and scenes from a dinner party with Glaser and Arthur Kornberg. The drawings were created by Aphrodite J. Hofsommer for publications by Drs. Ernest Sachs, Meyer Wiener, Bennet Y. Alvis, Ellis Fischel, and others, in the 1920s and 1930s.
This collection consists of ninety-five 35mm slides, including some duplicated or variant images, produced from archival and private sources for a show honoring the Class of 1944, 1993-94. Many of the images are duplicates of those found in other visual collections.
This collection consists of 18 digital surrogates of photographs depicting C. Barber Mueller throughout his career. Three of the photographs are foreground selections of VC063015 superimposed on different backgrounds.
The Lee Robins Papers consist of twelve organizational series on Lee Robins' research and her family. The research studies (Series 1) and Interview schedules (Series 2) are the most noteworthy materials and the bulk of the collection. Also included are family and professional photographs (Series 5), a full set of journal articles (Series 3), and her correspondence (Series 6-8) and manuscripts (Series 4) from her retirement. Noteworthy in the biographical series (Series 9-10) are the SCRD oral history interviews with Lee Robins (also online) and typed interviews for a biography of Eli Robins.