Print preview Close

Showing 6222 results

Archival description
Barnes Hospital Records
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Funding, 1943-1955.

Series 2 is divided into two sub-series, focused on Barnes Hospital’s interactions with two different funds. The first focuses on Barnes’ requests for funding and documented expenditures as a recipient of funds from the local united giving fund, United Charities (later, Community Chest). The second focus on Mercantile Commerce Bank & Trust Company’s handling of securities of Barnes Hospital Endowment Fund. The sub-series is arranged chronologically.

United Charities, Community Chest, 1943-1955.

The focus of this sub-series is the allocation of funds to Barnes and affiliated hospitals by the local united giving fund. Records include carefully documented requests for funding and equally careful accounting of expenditures. The united giving fund was called United Charities until mid-1946, at which time the name changed to Community Chest. The period covered is from the early 1940s to 1955.

Correspondence & budget, 1944.

Correspondence consists of letters from H. Hadley Grimm to Kitty McKelvey; from H. Hadley Grimm to all member agencies; and from H. Hadley Grimm to all member hospitals.

Correspondence re various budgets, 1945.

Correspondence consists of letters from Geo. Oliver Caroenter, Jr. to United Charities Board of Govenors; between William Anderson and H. Hadley Grimm; between Frank Bradley and H. Hadley Grimm; from W.H. Ritchie to William Anderson; from H. Hadley Grimm to member agencies; from Harry Koerber to agency presidents and executives.

Results 21 to 40 of 6222