Print preview Close

Showing 4 results

Archival description
Jewish Hospital of St. Louis Saint Louis (Mo.) History, 20th century
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

David A. Gee Papers

  • FC105
  • Collection
  • 1949-1992

Publications by Gee, including short academic papers, articles about the hospital, and two narrative histories of the Jewish Hospital of St. Louis, "216 S. K." (1981) and "Working Wonders: a history of the Jewish Hospital of St. Louis, 1891-1992" (1992). Also included are speeches by Gee (1965-1980).

Gee, David A.

Harry Agress Oral History

  • OH054
  • Collection
  • 4/22/1982

Agress discusses his medical studies at Washington University School of Medicine (St. Louis, Mo.) and the University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, Minn.); his service in World War II with the U.S. Army, 21st General Hospital, in Algeria, Italy, and France; and his civilian practice in St. Louis as a physician and pathologist. He speaks about some of his professors and colleagues, including Evarts A. Graham, Ernest Sachs, and Lee D. Cady, and some of his experiences at the Jewish Hospital of St. Louis. Interviewed by Paul G. Anderson on April 22, 1982. OH054. Approximate Length: 93 minutes.

Agress, Harry

Executive Faculty Records

  • RG01A
  • Collection
  • 1903-2015

Minutes of meetings form the bulk of the record group. These document decisions on hiring, salaries, tenure, departmental organization, buildings and equipment, affiliated hospitals and clinics, general finance, and other matters of vital importance to the school. During most of its history, the Executive Faculty has met between ten and twenty times a year. Since 1946, agendas of meetings have been preserved along with the minutes.

Executive Faculty, Washington University School of Medicine

The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis Records

  • RG025
  • Collection
  • 1878-2006

This collection includes items related to The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis. From early community attempts to raise funds for a Jewish hospital; to the hospital’s construction at sites on Delmar Boulevard (completed in 1902), and later, on Kingshighway Boulevard (completed in 1926); and continuing up to and beyond its merger with Barnes Hospital in 1996, the history of Jewish Hospital is documented in a variety of material formats. The collection includes hospital statistics; correspondence; scrapbooks; newspaper and magazine clippings; VHS and cassette tapes; photographs; artifacts; hospital publications; administrative records; and staff biographical files. Also included are the files of multiple subsidiary and associated hospital organizations.  Of note is a set of key organizational documents for Jewish Hospital covering the years 1878-1977 ( series 11, sub-series 1); three large scrapbooks documenting hospital events and occurrences of the years 1927-1958 (series 5); and the collection of hospital publications ( series 9, sub-series 3), which includes serial magazines and annual reports of the hospital. Also of interest are the partial contents of the Delmar Boulevard hospital building’s 1901 cornerstone _(series 2, sub-series 1)and a collection of files documenting the 1962 hepatitis outbreak at Jewish Hospital (series 2, sub-series 2)._

Jewish Hospital of St. Louis