Bernard Becker Medical Library
Bernard Becker Medical Library
The collection has been divided into two sub-groups for organizational purposes. The administrative records of the department are found in Sub-Group 1 and records relating to the Wernse Cancer Research Laboratory are found in Sub-Group 2.
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine
The General Hospital 21 Records is a collection of manuscripts and war memorabilia brought together and preserved by veterans of a military unit. Several of the series were generated as official records of the 21st General Hospital when it was stationed overseas, 1942-1945. But also included are many files and writings compiled or composed by the principal donor, Lee D. Cady, M.D. as late as 1975. The collection is designated a record group because it documents the history of an organization, rather than the career of any particular individual and because this organization at its inception was sponsored by Washington University School of Medicine.
The record group, as processed and described in this inventory by the Archives staff, is comprised of seventeen series. The series include narrative histories and reports, unit newspapers, records of the unit before activation, training materials, transit orders and rosters, files pertaining to each of the overseas duty stations, personnel files, general subject files, maps and plans, and select publications concerning the war and locales where the unit served.
21st General Hospital
Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.). Medical Center
This collection covers the correspondence, records, and publications from the Base Hospital 21, the Barnes Hospital affiliate military hospital in Rouen, France during WWI. It has seven series, including staff identification cards and X-ray service ledgers.
Base Hospital 21
Program in Physical Therapy, Washington University School of Medicine
Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.) Medical Care Group
This collection includes items related to Barnes Hospital. From the bequest which funded the creation of the hospital; to the hospital’s opening at the end of 1914; and continuing up to and beyond its merger with Jewish Hospital in 1996, the history of Barnes Hospital is documented in a variety of material formats. The collection includes administrative records; staff correspondence; hospital publications; newspaper and magazine clippings; scrapbooks; photographs; VHS tapes; and artifacts. Of note is the collection of hospital publications ( series 4), which includes serial magazines and annual reports of the hospital, as well as ephemera such as brochures and flyers. Also noteworthy is the hospital superintendent’s correspondence collection ( _series 3)_covering the years 1913-1926; the hospital’s book of forms from the year of its opening ( series 1); a scrapbook containing correspondence of Robert A. Barnes and the original trustees of Barnes Hospital ( _series 8);_and the Hospital's Staff Register covering October 13, 1915 to January 13, 1958 ( series 5).
Barnes Hospital (Saint. Louis, Mo.)
Series 1 and 2 of this record group (RG010) consist of financial records covering the receipts and expenditures of the Social Service Department from 1922 to 1961. Special restrictions apply to use of these materials. Please consult the Archivist concerning these restrictions before using these records. For records of the Social Service Department prior to 1922, see minutes of the Executive Faculty of Washington University School of Medicine.
Barnes Hospital Department of Social Work
Researchers should note that the inventory for this collection is not yet complete.
Barnard Free Skin and Cancer Hospital
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Washington University School of Medicine
This collection includes items related to St. Louis Children’s Hospital, one of the first children’s hospitals in the country. The history of the hospital, beginning with its opening in 1879, is documented in a variety of material formats.
The collection includes hospital publications; photographs in various forms; tapes and film reels; scrapbooks; newspaper and magazine clippings; artifacts and printing blocks; administrative records; hospital contracts and legal materials; financial records; press releases and media queries; and hospital histories and chronologies. Also included are some departmental records, as well as records of institutions and organizations associated with the hospital.
Of note is the collection of hospital publications ( series 1), which includes serial publications and annual reports of the hospital, and photographs ( _series 2)of various hospital events, employees, patients, and building areas. Also included are records (series 11)_of the Martha Parsons Free Hospital for Children (previously the Augusta Free Hospital for Children), which merged with St. Louis Children’s Hospital in 1910. Of further note are early financial records of St. Louis Children’s Hospital (s _eries 9),_as well as early Board of Managers meeting minutes ( _series 12).Early contracts and written histories of the hospital (series 14)_and a variety of staff and departmental files ( _series 17)_are included in the collection.
St. Louis Children's Hospital
Please note that this finding aid is not complete.
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine
Executive Faculty, Washington University School of Medicine
General Faculty, Washington University School of Medicine