Showing 3 results

Archival description
Saint Louis (Mo.) Record Group
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

General Hospital 21 Collection

  • RG004
  • Collection
  • 1942-1945

The General Hospital 21 Records is a collection of manuscripts and war memorabilia brought together and preserved by veterans of a military unit. Several of the series were generated as official records of the 21st General Hospital when it was stationed overseas, 1942-1945. But also included are many files and writings compiled or composed by the principal donor, Lee D. Cady, M.D. as late as 1975. The collection is designated a record group because it documents the history of an organization, rather than the career of any particular individual and because this organization at its inception was sponsored by Washington University School of Medicine.

The record group, as processed and described in this inventory by the Archives staff, is comprised of seventeen series. The series include narrative histories and reports, unit newspapers, records of the unit before activation, training materials, transit orders and rosters, files pertaining to each of the overseas duty stations, personnel files, general subject files, maps and plans, and select publications concerning the war and locales where the unit served.

21st General Hospital

Barnes Hospital Records

  • RG009
  • Collection
  • 1836-2007

This collection includes items related to Barnes Hospital. From the bequest which funded the creation of the hospital; to the hospital’s opening at the end of 1914; and continuing up to and beyond its merger with Jewish Hospital in 1996, the history of Barnes Hospital is documented in a variety of material formats. The collection includes administrative records; staff correspondence; hospital publications; newspaper and magazine clippings; scrapbooks; photographs; VHS tapes; and artifacts. Of note is the collection of hospital publications ( series 4), which includes serial magazines and annual reports of the hospital, as well as ephemera such as brochures and flyers. Also noteworthy is the hospital superintendent’s correspondence collection ( _series 3)_covering the years 1913-1926; the hospital’s book of forms from the year of its opening ( series 1); a scrapbook containing correspondence of Robert A. Barnes and the original trustees of Barnes Hospital ( _series 8);_and the Hospital's Staff Register covering October 13, 1915 to January 13, 1958 ( series 5).

Barnes Hospital (Saint. Louis, Mo.)

The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis Records

  • RG025
  • Collection
  • 1878-2006

This collection includes items related to The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis. From early community attempts to raise funds for a Jewish hospital; to the hospital’s construction at sites on Delmar Boulevard (completed in 1902), and later, on Kingshighway Boulevard (completed in 1926); and continuing up to and beyond its merger with Barnes Hospital in 1996, the history of Jewish Hospital is documented in a variety of material formats. The collection includes hospital statistics; correspondence; scrapbooks; newspaper and magazine clippings; VHS and cassette tapes; photographs; artifacts; hospital publications; administrative records; and staff biographical files. Also included are the files of multiple subsidiary and associated hospital organizations.  Of note is a set of key organizational documents for Jewish Hospital covering the years 1878-1977 ( series 11, sub-series 1); three large scrapbooks documenting hospital events and occurrences of the years 1927-1958 (series 5); and the collection of hospital publications ( series 9, sub-series 3), which includes serial magazines and annual reports of the hospital. Also of interest are the partial contents of the Delmar Boulevard hospital building’s 1901 cornerstone _(series 2, sub-series 1)and a collection of files documenting the 1962 hepatitis outbreak at Jewish Hospital (series 2, sub-series 2)._

Jewish Hospital of St. Louis